Application Error
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application Error Guild Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mount Program?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spicier
Admin
Spicier

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Mount Program?   Mount Program? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:48 am

I was thinking, we should start a guild Mount fund. Use it to assist people in the purchase of their first, keyword being FIRST, mount. Thata way everyone is set when they hit 40 for the first time on our server. (c: Any thoughts? More so, anyone got some money? Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bongdaleesarice
Quinians

Quinians

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount Assistance   Mount Program? EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:14 pm

I think this is a good idea. Personally I think it may be a bit early to implement though. I feel we need more high level characters and dedicated officers to get this program up and running. Anyone else have thoughts on mount assistance?
Back to top Go down
Kothren

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount Program?   Mount Program? EmptyWed May 14, 2008 4:12 am

Quinians wrote:
I think this is a good idea. Personally I think it may be a bit early to implement though. I feel we need more high level characters and dedicated officers to get this program up and running. Anyone else have thoughts on mount assistance?

I really like the idea of the mount assistance program, but I suggest caution for this can be abused. I would suggest that you only use it on active members that have helped other members along. Or for members that one or more of the GM's or officers can vouch for. The reason I say this is because some unknown person can get invited to the guild at some level close to 40 and just level up to 40 and ask for the money and take off with it.
Back to top Go down
Quinians

Quinians

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount Program?   Mount Program? EmptyWed May 14, 2008 4:34 am

I like the way that you think. I agree that this program can be easily abused, hence my reluctance.

<Application Error> has expanded and contracted in terms of the number of members and ranking Officers since it's birth.

I feel that we are currently on the up and hopefully we can get the mount assistance program up and running for good pretty soon here. At the moment, I do not have the money to dish out for anyone's mount as I barely have enough to support my own two toon rapidly approaching 40.

I would like to see the Guild Bank used as a savings account for those who require a mount as this would be the easiest way to keep track of who is actually donating.
Back to top Go down
Spicier
Admin
Spicier

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount Program?   Mount Program? EmptyWed May 14, 2008 4:04 pm

Well obviously I wouldn't give money to someone who just joined the guild a day ago. Lol. I figured, at least a month with the guild and general participation during that month should be enough. For the most part, anyone with the power to withdraw the money knows who and who not to give it to. Lol. (c;
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bongdaleesarice

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount Program?   Mount Program? EmptyFri May 16, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm opposed. If someone can't get to 80g by the time they hit 40 something is wrong. They either blow their money on stuff or they just dont try and make money. We shouldn't have people relying on others to get things for them. They need to learn to be responsible otherwise i dont think they will ever learn. I dont know... its a nice idea but people will appreciate things more if they buy it for themselves and i think it will help in the long run. Maybe im totally wrong but thats my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Quinians

Quinians

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount Program?   Mount Program? EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:19 am

I feel that helping* someone with the purchase of their first mount is okay as long as they have proven to be an active member by posting on the forums and participating in guild chat.

This is not to be used a crutch for those who don't make the effort to support themselves in game, if I notice a character always asking for something and does not give anything in return, I am saying right now that I personally will flat out refuse to help.

Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Mount Program?   Mount Program? EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 9:40 pm

Well, i dunno when the new patch is coming out, but with it changing to lvl 30 and paying alot less money (i forgot and need cost specifics), i honestly think the program could be kinda pointless.
Back to top Go down
Quinians

Quinians

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount Program?   Mount Program? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:42 am

Agreed. In light of the Level 30 Mount, this program will be pretty much obsolete as it is easier to farm money now than it ever was, and the price of the mount will be coming down.
Back to top Go down
Kothren

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount Program?   Mount Program? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 6:29 am

I wounder if they might change the lvl for epic flier's come WoTLK?
Back to top Go down
Quinians

Quinians

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount Program?   Mount Program? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 7:08 am

Kothren wrote:
I wounder if they might change the lvl for epic flier's come WoTLK?

zOMG I sure hope so! That would be fucking sweeet. :-)

I think if anything they may reduce the price a little bit but not change the lvl requirement.
Back to top Go down
Kothren

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount Program?   Mount Program? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 6:27 pm

From what I heard from curse they were thinking of raising the lvl req's to 77 minimum.
Back to top Go down
Kothren

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount Program?   Mount Program? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 7:36 pm

http://wow.curse.com/articles/details/11557/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mount Program? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mount Program?   Mount Program? Empty

Back to top Go down